Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Review

Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2)Death Doesn't Bargain by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yo Ho Ho, Sherrilyn Kenyon takes no prisoners with DEATH DOESN’T BARGAIN, the second book in the Deadman’s Cross series. The Deadman were given a chance to redeem their soles by being part of Thorn’s Hellchaser army. They are tasked with killing the demons who escaped their prison and threaten mankind. This Historic Fantasy takes place in 1717. It is mermaid, Kalder Dupree’s and Sephirii, Cameron Jack’s story.

I made the mistake of reading DEATH DOESN’T BARGAIN without reading book one, DEADMAN WALKING. It took a few chapters for me to get all the characters straight and figure out what was going on. After I did, I loved this story. I want to go back and read book one to find out what I missed.

I really enjoyed Kalder’s character. We discover a lot of interesting things about his past and his lineage. He is not all that he appears. He is a good (mer)man, despite his cruel upbringing. He carries a lot of guilt, some of it unwarranted. He is selfless, always putting others before himself. Cameron is an interesting compliment to Kalder. She is sweet, caring, curious, and honest. They have a yin-yang relationship.

The Deadman have many interesting adversaries. It keeps the plot exciting. I love that DEATH DOESN’T BARGAIN takes place in the Dark-Hunter Universe, and that characters like Acheron make an appearance in the novel. The story frequently reminded me of a more serious Pirates of the Caribbean. However, it does have its funny moments.

As always, Sherrilyn Kenyon’s writing style is exemplary. You feel like you are in the proper time-period. I really liked the epilogue. I am highly anticipating the release of book three, AT DEATH’S DOOR. Followers of Kenyon’s Hunter Legends Series should enjoy this book. Furthermore, people that like pirate fantasies with a paranormal twist. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 384 pages
Published May 8th 2018 by Tor Books
Original TitleDeath Doesn't Bargain
ISBN 0765385724 (ISBN13: 9780765385727)
Edition Language: English
URL: http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/book/death-doesnt-bargain/
Series: Deadman's Cross #2

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...